Hozubin, Moberly, Lynch & Associates has an active practice in insurance coverage analysis and coverage investigations. Our firm regularly handles coverage matters involving many types of insurance policies, including construction, property, casualty, commercial and automobile. Our over 60 years of combined experience in interpretation and of insurance policies and rendering of opinions enables us to provide your business clear guidance based on a concrete understanding of the law and the needs of your business. Our lawyers have comprehensive coverage experience, including:
- Construction defects in a $32 million electrical cogeneration facility
- Request for defense and indemnity under a homeowners policy against a claim of setting fire to a multi-million dollar restaurant
- Request for indemnity under a commercial general liability policy for suspicious damages to a $5 million aircraft hangar located in a rural Alaskan community
- Request for defense and indemnity under a homeowners policy for a shooting by a minor resident of a neighbor
- Request for defense and indemnity under premises liability coverage for an assault and battery by the owner upon a tenant
Timothy Lynch has specialized for much of his career in representing insurance carriers on coverage matters. The coverage analysis and litigation has given him significant insights into how insurance companies approach these issues. A representative sample of these carriers is Old Republic; several members of the Berkley Group including Nautilus Insurance Company, Berkley Specialty Risks, and Admiral Insurance Company; and Evanston and Essex insurance companies who are part of the Markel Insurance Company. In addition, he has been outside counsel for tort claims for Chugach Electric Association, ENSTAR Natural Gas, and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company.
Ms. Hozubin has been involved in insurance defense and coverage cases for the last fifteen years. She has handled several declaratory judgment actions in Federal Court for coverage cases. The coverage matters she has resolved involved commercial, auto, and homeowner’s policies of insurance. A representative sample of carriers is Allstate, Country Insurance, GEICO, Western World Claims, and Leader/Infinity.